Sunday, July 29, 2012

The United States of Amnesia pt. 1

NBC and FOX, September 11, 2001
Near Shanksville, Pennsylvania

The video and images below came from a FOX report on the crash of United Airlines Flight 93.






It's a puzzle, isn't it?  A photographer at the site that morning saw "nothing that you could distinguish that a plane had crashed there."

My luck was no better.  I couldn’t see any sections of wings or fuselage.  I couldn’t see the crumpled hulks of the plane’s engines.  I couldn’t see the severed and charred tail section of the plane lying nearby like a toppled cross of accusation.  I couldn’t see any indication of the raging fireball produced by the plane’s fuel.  I couldn’t see any drink trolleys or passenger seats or suitcases.  I couldn’t see any bodies.  I couldn’t see any evidence of a plane crash at all.

Obviously, I was wrong, just like all the reporters and witnesses.  The plane must have crashed with such force that it buried itself in that small hole and was reduced to dust.  I guess back then, I didn’t know much about plane crashes.

____________________

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think actually happened there? Nothing at all crashed? Missile? If it's a cover-up what exactly are they covering up in this location?

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home